Terms of reference of the Gender Amity Committee
- Identify and suggest measures to ensure the welfare and safety of members on campus.
- Create awareness among students, faculty and staff.
- Recommend measures to sensitize IISER Tirupati members on gender issues.
- Investigate complaints of gender harassment and recommend appropriate action.
- The name of the complainant is ALWAYS kept CONFIDENTIAL.
Any faculty, staff or student who comes to know about an incident of harassment, shall advise the affected person to approach a member of the cell or report to a member themselves.
Nature of punitive action
A student guilty of sexual harassment shall be liable to give a written apology to the victim and any of the following punitive actions:
- Suitable warning
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Suspension / expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the Institute up to a certain period
- Expulsion from the Institute
An employee guilty of sexual harassment shall be liable to give a written apology to the victim and any of the following punitive actions:
- Suitable warning
- Withholding of increments
- Reduction to lower service, grade or post
- Compulsory retirement
- Removal from service
- Dismissal from service
- Dr. R Lakshmi Lavanya, Assistant Professor: Chairperson
- Dr. Jessy Jose, Assistant Professor: Member
- Dr. K Saikranthi, INSPIRE Faculty: Member
- Dr. Tapan Chandra Adhyapak, Assistant Professor: Member
- Dr. Archana Arjilli, Medical Officer: Member
- Deputy Registrar (Academics & Administration): Member
- Deputy Registrar (Purchase & Administration): Member
Members of the institute who face any difficulty or harassment in this regard are encouraged to seek redressal by contacting members of the Gender Amity Committee in person / by phone / by e-mail to email@example.com.
Handbook On Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.