Women Cell IISER Tirupati
The Women's Cell of IISER Tirupati consists of the following members
- Dr Kaneenika Sinha (IISER Pune) Chairperson
Tel: 020-2590 8136
- Dr K P Yogendran
Tel: 0877-2500 432
- Dr Vasudharani Devanathan
Tel: 0877-2500 403
- Dr Lakshmi Lavanya
Tel: 0877-2500 424
- To provide guidelines for protection from sexual harassment and basic right to live with dignity.
- To advise the Institute from time to time in matters of sexual harassment and also for upholding the dignity of everyone attached to the Institute.
- To bring awareness as to what would constitute sexual harassment.
- As per the act, sexual harassment includes any one or more of following unwelcome acts or behavior (whether directly or by implication) namely
- Physical contact and advances; or
- A demand or request for sexual favours; or
- Making sexually coloured remarks; or
- Showing pornography; or
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
- To recommend to the Institute from time to time proactive measures that should be taken to deter sexual harassment and acts that affect the dignity of all persons in the Campus.
WOMENS CELL @ IISER TIRUPATI
Internal Complaints CommitteeOffences that require the intervention of a higher authority are recommended to the INTERNAL COMPLAINTS COMMITTEE [statutory body constituted as per Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013] comprising of:
- Prof. Sudha Deshmukh, Dean, Academics
- Dr. Anurima Banerjee, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Venkatasubramanian C G, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Nandini Rajamani, Assistant Professor
- Advt. Vasumati, Advocate, District Court, Chitoor (External)