Ravi Kumar Pujala
Phone: +91-877-2500-985Group Webpage
Soft Matter Physics, Active Matter, Self-Assembly, Nanomaterials and Composites.
Educational and professional career:
- Ph.D (March 2014): School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
- Postdoctoral Researcher (December 2014 - September 2015): IESL-FORTH/University of Crete, Greece (Prof. George Petekidis group)
- Researcher (Onderzoeker 4, February 2016 – July 2017): Department of Physics, Utrecht University, The Netherlands (Prof. Alfons van Blaaderen group)
- DST INSPIRE Faculty (August 2017 – December 2018): School of Physics, University of Hyderabad, India.
- Assistant Professor (December, 2018 ~): Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Tirupati, India.
Theme of Research:
Studying physics of soft matter systems both passive and active systems; Fabricate new mesostructured materials by self-assembly. The ultimate goal is to develop new functional soft materials with reconfigurable structures at the nano and meso-scales.
Honours and Awards:
- DST-INSPIRE Faculty Award from DST, Govt. of India (February 2017).
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Seal of Excellence by European Commission (2017).
- Springer Thesis International Award in Physics (The “best of the best”)(2014).
- Fabian Hagemans*, Ravi Kumar Pujala*, Danisha S. Hotie, Dominique M. E. Thies-Weesie, D. A. Matthijs de Winter, Johannes D. Meeldijk, Alfons van Blaaderen, and Arnout Imhof.Shaping Silica Rods by Tuning Hydrolysis and Condensation of Silica Precursors. Chemistry of Materials 31, 521 (2019). (* Co-first author).
- Ravi Kumar Pujala†, C.T.W.M. Schneijdenberg, Alfons van Blaaderen and H. B. Bohidar. In-situ Observation of Hierarchical Self-Assembly Driven by Bicontinuous Gelation in Mixed Nanodisc Dispersions. Scientific Reports 8, 5589 (2018). († Corresponding author)
- Ravi Kumar Pujala†, M Praveen Kumar and Surajit Dhara. Hierarchical self-assembly of colloidal nanoplatelets driven by evaporation (Invited Article: Special Issue on Driven Colloids). Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. 51 304003 (2018). († Co-corresponding author)
- Ravi Kumar Pujala and H. B. Bohidar. Ergodicity breaking and aging dynamics in Laponite- Montmorillonite mixed clay dispersions.Soft Matter 8, 6120 (2013).
- Ravi Kumar Pujala, Nisha Pawar and H. B. Bohidar. Universal sol state behaviour and gelation kinetics in mixed clay dispersions. Langmuir 27, 5193 (2011).
- Ravi Kumar Pujala, Dispersion Stability, Microstructure and Phase Transition of Anisotropic Nanodiscs, Springer Thesis, 2014. ISBN: 978-3-319-04554-2.
- Compflu 2017, Dec 17-20, 2017, IIT Madras.
- 4th International Soft Matter Conference, 12 - 16 Sep 2016, Grenoble, France.
- Softcomp annual meeting, 2015 June 09-12, Ancona, Italy.
- MS 451, Soft Materials (NIT Nagaland)
- UCSCIPHY21, Electrodynamics (Super Teaching Assistant, Utrecht University)
We are constantly looking for applications from highly motivated young researchers to join our group at several levels. Interested candidates should directly contact by email at email@example.com. Please follow our group webpage for more updates.