Department of Earth and Climate Science, IISER Tirupati
Phone: +91 877 2500 239Group Webpage
- Characterizing the precipitating systems using remote sensing techniques both from in-situ and space-borne platforms.
- Microphysics of Clouds and precipitation.
Educational and Professional Career
- M.Sc (April, 2008): Mysore University, Mysore.
- Ph. D (June, 2014): Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Junior Research Fellow (January 2009 - January 2011): National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Department of Space, Gadanki, India
- Senior Research Fellow (January 2011 - June 2013): National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Department of Space, Gadanki, India
- Postdoctoral Research Associate (January 2015 - November 2017): Divecha Centre for Climate Change, CAOS, Indian Institute of Science(IISc), Bangalore, India.
- Inspire Faculty (November 2017 to present): Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati, India
Honours and Awards
- DST-INSPIRE Faculty Award from DST, Govt. of India (January 2017)
- Young Scientist Award in the 2nd India Radar Meteorology Conference (IRAD) 2018.
- Best paper award in National Space Science Symposium (NSSS) 2012.
- Dr. S. Pancharatnam Gold Medal in Master of Science.
- Prof. S. Chandrasekhar Gold Medal in Master of Science.
- Prof. S. B. Bondade Gold Medal in Master of Science.
- Prof. K. N. Srinivasa Rao Endowment cash prize in Master of Science.
- Jawaharlal Neru Memorial Fund merit award in Master of Science.
- K. Saikranthi, B. Radhakrishna, S. K. Satheesh and T. Narayana Rao. (2018). Spatial variation of rain systems during El Nino and La Nina periods over India and adjoining Ocean. Climate Dynamics, 50: 3671-3685.
- Rao, T. N., K. Saikranthi, B. Radhakrishna, and S. V. B. Rao. (2016). Differences in the climatological characteristics of precipitation between active and break spells of the Indian summer monsoon. Journal of Climate, 29 (21), 7797-7814.
- K. Saikranthi, T. N. Rao, B. Radhakrishna, and S. V. B. Rao. (2014). Morphology of the vertical structure of precipitation over India and adjoining oceans based on long-term measurements of TRMM PR. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 120 (17), 8987-9005.
- K. Saikranthi, T. N. Rao, M. Rajeevan and S.V.B. Rao. (2013). Identification of Homogeneous Rainfall Zones over Indian Region Using High-Resolution Gridded Data. Journal of Hydrometeorology, 14 (1), 304-317.
- K. Saikranthi, T. N. Rao, B. Radhakrishna, and S. V. B. Rao. (2013). Impact of misrepresentation of freezing-level height by the TRMM algorithm on shallow rain statistics over India and adjoining oceans. Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology, 52 (9), 2001-2008.
- ECS 321: Introduction to Earth and Climate Science
- ECS 411: Atmospheric Thermodynamics and cloud physics