Ravi Kumar Pujala
Department of Physics, IISER Tirupati
Phone: +91-877-2500-985Group Webpage
Soft Matter Physics, Active Matter, Self-Assembly, Nanomaterials and Composites.
Educational and professional career:
- Ph.D (March 2014): School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
- Postdoctoral Researcher (December 2014 - September 2015): IESL-FORTH/University of Crete, Greece (Advisor: Prof. George Petekidis)
- Researcher (Onderzoeker 4, February 2016 – July 2017): Department of Physics, Utrecht University, The Netherlands (Advisor: Prof. Alfons van Blaaderen)
- DST INSPIRE Faculty (August 2017 – December 2018): School of Physics, University of Hyderabad, India.
- Assistant Professor (December, 2018 ~): Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Tirupati, India.
Theme of Research:
Studying physics of soft matter systems both passive and active systems; Fabricate new mesostructured materials by self-assembly. The ultimate goal is to develop new functional soft materials with reconfigurable structures at the nano and meso-scales.
Honours and Awards:
- DST-INSPIRE Faculty Award from DST, Govt. of India (February 2017).
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Seal of Excellence by European Commission (2017).
- Springer Thesis International Award in Physics (The “best of the best”)(2014).
- Ravi Kumar Pujala† and H.B.Bohidar. Hierarchical Self-assembly, Spongy Architecture, Liquid Crystalline Behaviour and Phase Diagram of Laponite Nanoplatelets in Alcohol-Water Binary Solvents. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 554, 731 (2019). († Corresponding author)
- Fabian Hagemansll, Ravi Kumar Pujalall, Danisha S. Hotie, Dominique M. E. Thies-Weesie, D. A. Matthijs de Winter, Johannes D. Meeldijk, Alfons van Blaaderen, and Arnout Imhof. Shaping Silica Rods by Tuning Hydrolysis and Condensation of Silica Precursors. Chemistry of Materials 31, 521 (2019). (ll Co-first author).
- Muhammed Rasi M, Ravi Kumar Pujala, and Surajit Dhara. Colloidal analogues of polymer chains, ribbons and 2D crystals employing orientations and interactions of nano-rods dispersed in a nematic liquid crystal. Scientific Reports 9, 4652 (2019).
- Ravi Kumar Pujala†, C.T.W.M. Schneijdenberg, Alfons van Blaaderen and H. B. Bohidar. In-situ Observation of Hierarchical Self-Assembly Driven by Bicontinuous Gelation in Mixed Nanodisc Dispersions. Scientific Reports 8, 5589 (2018). († Corresponding author) (Ranked in TOP 100 Sientific Reports papers in 2018)
- Ravi Kumar Pujala†, M Praveen Kumar and Surajit Dhara. Hierarchical self-assembly of colloidal nanoplatelets driven by evaporation (Invited Article: Special Issue on Driven Colloids). Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 51 304003 (2018). († Co-corresponding author)
- Ravi Kumar Pujala and H. B. Bohidar. Ergodicity breaking and aging dynamics in Laponite- Montmorillonite mixed clay dispersions. Soft Matter 8, 6120 (2013).
- Ravi Kumar Pujala, Nisha Pawar and H. B. Bohidar. Universal sol state behaviour and gelation kinetics in mixed clay dispersions. Langmuir 27, 5193 (2011).
- Ravi Kumar Pujala, Dispersion Stability, Microstructure and Phase Transition of Anisotropic Nanodiscs, Springer Thesis, 2014. ISBN: 978-3-319-04554-2.
- Compflu 2017, Dec 17-20, 2017, IIT Madras.
- 4th International Soft Matter Conference, 12 - 16 Sep 2016, Grenoble, France.
- Softcomp annual meeting, 2015 June 09-12, Ancona, Italy.
- MS 451, Soft Materials (NIT Nagaland)
- UCSCIPHY21, Electrodynamics (Super Teaching Assistant, Utrecht University)
- Project Assistant/Fellow: http://www.iisertirupati.ac.in/job-faculty/pa-pf/
- PhD: Soft and Active Matter
- Postdoc: http://www.iisertirupati.ac.in/job-faculty/pdrf/
Name of the project: Shape-directed dynamics of active colloidsDescription: The project will involve fabrication and study of shape-directed dynamics of self-propelled colloids. The aim is to study the collective behaviour (active matter) of model swimmers in fluids.
For more information, visit http://www.iisertirupati.ac.in/people/faculty/ravikumar.phpLast Date for application: 5.00 P.M. on 07 th April, 2019
Closing date of Online Application : April 30, 2019
Soft and Active MatterLast Date for application: April 10, 2019.