Dr. Padmabati Mondal
Department of Chemistry, IISER Tirupati
Phone: +91 877 2500 926Group Webpage
- Excited state quantum chemistry including non-adiabatic processes in transition metal complexes and biologically relevant organic chromophores.
- QM/MM study of biological reaction mechanism.
- Protein-ligand binding study using molecular dynamics simulations.
Educational and professional career:
- Assistant Professor (February 2019- ) Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Tirupati, India
- Postdoctoral Researcher (January 2018-Decemeber 2018) Aix-Marseille University, Marseille, France
- Postdoctoral Researcher (August 2015-October 2017) University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
- Postdoctoral Researcher (April 2013- July 2015) Goethe University Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- PhD (December 2008-December 2012) Technical University of Munich, Garching, Germany
Honours and Awards:
- Start-up Research Grant by SERB, Gov. of India
- Marie Sklodowska Curie Seal of Excellence award by European Commission.
- CSIR Junior Research Fellowship.
- Rajiv Gandhi Science Talent Research Scholarship.
- Jawharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research Summer Research Fellowship.
Selected publications :
- P. Mondal, In Silico decryption of serotonin-receptor binding: local non-covalent interaction and long-range conformational changes (2020), RSc. Adv., 10, 37995.
- P. Mondal, K. Schwinn and M. Huix-Rotllant, Impact of the redox state of flavin chromophore on the UV-vis spectra, redox and acidity constants and electron affinity (2020), J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chemistry, 387, 112164.
- P. Mondal and M. Huix-Rotllant, Theoretical Insight into the Formation and Stability of Reactive Oxygen Species in Cryptochrome (2019), Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 21: 8874.
- P. Mondal, G. Granucci, D. Rastädter, M. Persico and I. Burghardt, Azobenzene as a Photoregulator Covalently Attached to RNA : A Quantum Mechanics/Molecular Mechanics Surface Hopping Study, (2018), Chemical Science, 9: 4671.
- P. Mondal and M. Meuwly, Solvent Composition Drives the Rebinding Kinetics of Nitric Oxide to Microperoxidase (2018), Scientific Reports , 8: 5281
- P. Mondal and M. Meuwly, Vibrational Stark Spectroscopy for Assessing Ligand Binding Strength in a Protein, (2017) Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 19: 16131.
- P. Mondal, D. Opalka, L. V. Poluyanov, W. Domcke, Jahn-Teller and spin-orbit coupling effects in transition metal trifluorides (2011), Chemical Physics, 387 : 56
- CHM 121 - Physical Chemistry
- CHM 122 - Chemistry Laboratory I
- CHM 311/611 - Quantum Chemistry I
- IDC212 - Computational Methods
- CHM463 - Simulation and Modelling Open positions: Go back to the Faculty directory