Dr. Jatish Kumar
Department of Chemistry, IISER Tirupati
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgGroup Webpage
- Physical Organic Chemistry - Nanomaterials, Photochemistry and Spectroscopy
- Chiral Luminescent Nanomaterials: Synthesis and Applications
- Single Particle Spectroscopy and SERS Investigations of Nanomaterials
- Chiral Hybrid Nanostructures for Biodetection and Therapy
- Chiral Nanomaterials as Multifunctional Biological Probes
Educational and Professional Career
- Ph.D (2012): CSIR-National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST), Trivandrum, India
- Postdoctoral Fellow (October 2012 – March 2016): Nara Institute of Science and Technology (NAIST), Nara, Japan
- Specially Appointed Assistant Professor (April 2016 – October 2016): Nara Institute of Science and Technology (NAIST), Nara, Japan
- Postdoctoral Fellow (October 2016 – October 2018): CIC biomaGUNE, San Sebastian, Spain
- Assistant Professor (December 2018 ~ ): Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati, India
Honours and Awards
- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship (2014 – 2016) from Japan Society for the promotion of Science, Japan
- Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (2016 – 2018) from European Commission
- CSIR-JRF and CSIR-SRF from CSIR Govt. of India, July 2007 and July 2009, repectively
- Jatish Kumar, Hasier Eraña, Elena López-Martínez, Natalie Claes, Víctor F. Martín, Diego M. Solís, Sara Bals, Aitziber L. Cortajarena, Joaquín Castilla, Luis M. Liz-Marzán, “Detection of Amyloid Fibrils in Parkinson´s Disease using Plasmonic Chirality”, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 115, 3225−3220 (2018).
- Jatish Kumar, Betsy Marydasan, Takuya Nakashima, Tsuyoshi Kawai and Junpei Yuasa, “Chiral Supramolecular Polymerization Leading to Eye Differentiable Circular Polarization in Luminescence”, Chem. Commun., 52, 9885–9888 (2016).
- Jatish Kumar, Hiroyuki Tsumatori, Junpei Yuasa, Tsuyoshi Kawai and Takuya Nakashima, “Self-Discriminating Termination of Chiral Supramolecular Polymerization: Tuning the Length of Nanofibers”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 54, 5943–5947 (2015).
- Jatish Kumar, Reshmi Thomas, R. S. Swathi and K. George Thomas, “Au Nanorod Quartets and Raman Signal Enhancement: Towards the Design of Plasmonic Platforms”, Nanoscale, 6, 10454–10459 (2014).
- Jatish Kumar and K. George Thomas, “Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy: Investigations at the Nanorod Edges and Dimer Junctions”, J.Phys. Chem. Lett., 2, 610–615 (2011).
- CHM-121: Physical Chemistry
- CHM-122: Chemistry Laboratory I
Applications are invited from highly motivated researchers interested in pursuing their Ph.D. Informal enquires are welcome and should be addressed to Jatish Kumar at email@example.com.