To promote high-quality science education, research, and training, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India, has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, and Tirupati.BS-MS Degree Programme
It is the flagship program of the IISERs. The BS-MS programme is for a duration of five years, intended for bright and motivated science students who have passed (10+2) level. The program integrates classroom learning with research and provides ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions.
The first two years of the program consist of core courses in basic sciences, the third and fourth years are dedicated to specialization in chosen science subjects and the fifth year includes a research project. The training during the program enables students to pursue a career in academia, R&D institutes, and science-based industries.
- Highly competent and motivated faculty in various disciplines with a passion for science
- Integrated undergraduate teaching with cutting edge research across disciplines
- Upcoming eco-friendly green campuses with appropriate infrastructure
- Library with online resources, books, and research journals
- State of the art teaching and research facilities
- Sports and recreational facilities
- Hostel/Mess facility for all students
- Attractive Scholarship Opportunities
Admissions to the BS-MS programme is possible via three different routes. Admitted students have the possibility of securing lucrative scholarships, offered by the Govt. of India. For more details related to admission, please click on the admissions link.